Volcano Tour in Indonesia
Indonesia is located on the widest volcanic strip in the world with various types of eruptions. wide ranging from the tip of Sumatra island to the eastern tip of the island of irian.
the uniqueness of the volcano in Indonesia is usually still active and can be erupted anytime. this adds to the challenge of volcano tourism in Indonesia.
many volcanoes exist in Indonesia, but there are some whose names are well known to the world.
- Krakatoa, located in the sunda strait between the island of Sumatra and the island of Java. became famous because on August 26-27, 1883 had erupted with a fierce that caused a tsunami that killed more than 36,000 people and the sound of the eruption was heard more than 4,600 km
- Tangkuban Parahu mountain, located in the valley area. the volcano that erupted in 1915 produced 9 craters. crater is: crater queen, crater upas, crater dormas, new crater, crater jurig, crater rhinoceros, kasur jurian, stealth crater, and crater pangguyungan rhinoceros. besides that this mountain is also famous for its legend story Sangkuriang and Dayang Sumbi.
- Mount Merapi, located in Sleman, Yogyakarta. This mountain is one of the most active volcanoes in Indonesia, but is the youngest aged volcano in Indonesia.
in 1872 this volcano erupted and was recorded as one of the largest eruptions of the time. until now Mount Merapi is still monitored continuously.
- bromo mountain, taken from Sanskrit Brahma which is one of the gods in Hinduism. located in 4 districts, Probolinggo, Pasuruan, Lumajang, and Malang.
the uniqueness of Mount Bromo is its linked position between the valley and the canyon with the caldera or the sea padir area of about 10 km2. bromo mountain has the largest crater with the diameter +/- 800m.
- Mount Rinjani, located on the island of Lombok. at the highest point of climbing, this mountain can be seen the view of northern lombok island